Saturday, July 16, 2016

Muse 174 and Simon Says Create a Scene

Tracey has provided a sweet little critter card for this week's Muse, and Simon's Wednesday Challenge  is Create a Scene. I love a one card two challenge post! I was inspired by Tracey's popped up die cuts and the inked grounding of her critters.

I am currently crushing on sweet little 4.25 inch square cards. I find them perfect for some of those smaller stamps that can get lost on an A2 card, and the bonus is they fit in a standard A2 envelope for mailing no extra postage as long as the weight is 1 oz or less.



I stamped the images with Simon's Intense Black ink, colored them with copics (Reds-20,24,29,59 and Yellow Greens 03, and 13).  I die cut the Lawn Fawn images after coloring them along with an Avery Elle double pierced square. My papers are from Stampin Up, and the inking was done with a clarity brush and some Lime Green SSS ink. As a last little touch since I couldn't figure where the heck to put some sequins was to cover the watermelon with glossy accents.

Below are the challenge graphics - one click will take you to the challenge, as will the links above.

Tracey McNeely - Muse 174
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-create-a-scene/
  

18 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, Cat...this is adorable! Beautiful coloring, and fabulous take on Tracey's card! I love those marching ants so much :)

Greta said...

Oh this is just so cute, Cat! Love your coloring! You should add this to Kathy's 30 day coloring challenge, too!

Karen M said...

Love your cute card and your colouring is fabulous! xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Cat love your card/post! First your scene is adorable and your watermelon is shaded perfectly. I think that photographing your card sitting on top of the Copics is brilliant--I will be borrowing that great idea from you! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Muse this week!

Betty said...

darling card Cat - and that little ant sitting on the copic is so cute!

Teresa Kline said...

hello! super cute card, luv your coloring! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Sue said...

I love your card, so cute and fun! Your colouring and shading look amazing and the colours are so fresh and summery.

Ardyth said...

So cute! Love the rich colour of the watermelon! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

TK said...

Adorable scene, and a great interpretation of Tracey's card!

Joyce said...

This is adorable. Love those cute little ants and your watermelon looks so delicious.

I Card Everyone said...

Hey Cat! Scrumptious coloring on that juicy watermelon - one of those ants is trying to make off with one of your copics!! Yikes ... so clever! xx
=]

Marilyn said...

This card is adorable. Your coloring is perfect.

Deni(se) said...

Delightful! Love how those teeny tiny ants can carry off that enormous watermelon! Clever.

Martha said...

OH my goodness, Cat, this is just SO adorably sweet...too too cute! I love the fabulous coloring & design. I love smaller-sized cards, they always make me smile.

NM said...

So lovely !!!

Anita in France said...

Sweet and so fun, Cat ... that juicy watermelon looks soooo tempting! Hugs, Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your HM at Muse, my friend! This is the cutest card 'Evah'(insert Brooklyn accent)!!!

TK said...

Cute scene throws me right back to hot summer picnics, and those pesky ants -- yours are much cuter! Congrats on the HM at Muse.