Saturday, June 18, 2016

Father's Day

I had such a hard time this year with the Father's Day cards.  I needed to get them made ahead of my trip, and that kinda cramped my mojo.  I ended up making 14 cards during two weeks in May for must have deadline reasons. They didn't all get posted, and some will be posted this month.

Sometimes my cards get to the post office without a stop at the photo station!  Usually when I have a lot on my mind.

My hands down favorite all time wood grain stamp is the one from Stampin Up. Its a nice cling type red rubber stamp.  I stamped it twice in two different inks on two types of paper, one for the base one for the flag.  I added some brass colored brads to the flag - I think they look like nail heads, right?   The baseball looking font for the sentiment comes courtesy of a CTMH stamp.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

Jean said...

What a great masculine card. The brads are fantastic and that baseball font sentiment is perfect!

I Card Everyone said...

Cat, I don't think there is a wood-grain stamp, or embossing folder I don't love!! Your card is hands-down darling!! xx and an extra xx for dad!
=]

Greta said...

Terrific FD card, Cat! Love the brass brads!

Anita in France said...

That is a fabulous woodgrain, Cat ... brilliant with the 'nails'! Perfectly simple, simply perfect! Hugs, Anita :)

Martha said...

Cat, what a fabulous & classy Father's Day card.

Barb Ghig said...

This is the perfect masculine card, Cat! I love that you created 2 different shades on the woodgrain pattern and the brass brads are the perfect touch!