Wednesday, September 9, 2015

A little birthday piggy

A long time friend of mine collects pigs. So, you know I have to send her a pig card right?  Just like my friends always send me cats.

I have had this Simon Says stamp set for almost a year, and have made two cards with it.  The snarky sentiments make me laugh...but I wouldn't want to hurt someone's feelings by sending it to them on a birthday card.  So, one more card and I will likely sell the set to make room for another.  But on to the card...

I have a bunch of kraft tags left from a project and I liked the idea of colored pencils on kraft so I went with it.

I had to add the googlie eyes, they make me laugh...too many sequins?..HOW? its a Birthday Card! It's meant to be celebratory and completely over the top. I wish I had put just a bit more color under the balloon before covering it with glossy accents. I am sure Lorie will laugh when she opens it, and I'll get a wonderful hug when I see her during my California trip in September.

Thanks for stopping!

Supplies:
Stamps - Simon Says Stamp
Die & Sequins - Pretty Pink Posh
Embossing Folder - Stampin Up

3 comments:

Martha said...

Aww, Cat, this is so adorably sweet.

Greta said...

You'll make her day, I know! Love the coloring on kraft--I need to do that!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, this is just too CUTE! As always, your coloring is amazing and I love the embossed background!