Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Curtain Call - Flip Flops

Have you SEEN some of the new embossing folders that are out there?  Wow the effects can be amazing.  I picked up a new one by Spellbinders --called fabric weave...its like crinkles then smoothed out paper.

When I saw the new challenge for Curtain Call - Flip Flops, I knew this embossing folder would be part of the plan.

I thought the embossed paper looked a bit like beachy sand...so I inked it with some antique linen distress ink.  I stamped and added some wink of stella to the flip flops,  heat embossed the sentiment on vellum and  mounted the panel off set on a neutral card base.

The challenge runs til June 25th.  Click on the link above for details.  
Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Curse you and your enabling ways! I might *need* that embossing folder because that background is SO cool! LOVE!

Greta said...

Now that's a fun card! Very unique embossing folder--looks great with the soft inking, Cat!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an amazing background Cat. Love the organic texture it gives to the paper. What's the name of that folder? The flip-flop is so sweet. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

Chris Dring said...

What Becca said! What an awesome background and you card looks amazing!

Marisa said...

Great background!! Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

Celeste Goff said...

Great card! I love that textured background and the stamp set you used. I used the same one for my card too. I guess great minds think alike, huh? LOL