Monday, February 23, 2015

Another Birthday

I am trying to get my Guy Card mojo back.  I have been putting off making this birthday card, because I just couldn't picture the card I wanted to make.  Push came to shove and this needed to be mailed...so I had to hunker down and get it done.

I decided to go with my comfort zone...water colors and Stampin Up's The Wetlands stamp set.  Nature seems a good image type for a male card.


I started with Bristol Paper and an almost dry brush loaded with Distress inks in Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire; then added a bit of Scattered Straw and my background was done.

 I used Ranger Black Archival ink to stamp my images, some of the reeds were second generation stamping to give a feeling of distance.  I used a stamp a ma jig to place the sentiment since these were cling stamps and you cannot see through them.

I cut my panel using Simon's stitched Rectangle dies, matted it with a bit of black and mounted the whole thing on to a Stampin Up Baja Breeze card base.

I decided to off set the panel a bit and add some manly chevron natural twill ribbon to the left side to balance the sentiment on the right.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

That inky background is super lovely! Such a great scenic card.

Sally said...

I would say your "guy card" mojo is already back, Cat! Beautiful colors, great design, love this serene image. Your watercolor background is beautiful!

Sally said...

I would say your "guy card" mojo is already back, Cat! Beautiful colors, great design, love this serene image. Your watercolor background is beautiful!

Greta said...

Your background & stamping is absolutely gorgeous, Cat! Perfect guy card!

Leslie Hanna said...

Love the background!