Saturday, October 25, 2014

Scrambling to make a Triptych

I double booked my afternoon today...hosting a poker tournament from 4-5:45 and wanting to participate in a cardmaking scramble over at the Hero Arts Flickr group from 5 to 6:30.  I manged to do both, got my card in just in time and I learned something new.

Out scramble theme was to create a Triptych --which Kim explained is a work of art (usually a panel painting) that is divided into three sections.  I love three paneled cards so I definitely wanted to participate.


I gold embossed Tall Flowers on watercolor paper then colored in the background and the flowers with Koi watercolors. For a bit of artsyness some gold Heidi Swapp color shine was flicked on and then the three panels were cut.

I added the sentiment from Petite Messages to the last panel on the right. Each panel was matted individually with black paper, then mounted with foam tape to a rust colored card base. (A note, next time I think I will used 1 large mat for all three panels instead of matting them individually.)

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Greta said...

I thought yours was one of the best cards in the Scramble--just love it, Cat! Forgot to say on Flickr that the way you did the sentiment is so creative & looks fabulous! Hope you won at poker!

Becca Cruger said...

Be-yooo-tee-full! Love how the watercoloring looks against the gold embossing. I'm an avid poker player, myself!

Barb Ghig said...

Your gold embossing on this card is so pretty, Cat! Love how you water colored all the flowers and your background, too! Perfect stamp for a Triptych!

Leslie Hanna said...

This is gorgeous! Love the embossing and the gold flicks.