Monday, July 1, 2013

Bethany's Scramble

Saturday I participated in Bethany's scramble over at the Hero Arts Flickr group. Its 90 minutes to plan, execute and upload a photograph of your card. We were given 5 extra minutes, because the theme was color. Bethany created a pinterest board of summer colors she liked. We were to pick one combination to make our cards...and use at least 4 of the colors in the grouping.

I started this card with a Hero Arts card base, and some white paper. I stamped the lattice background in butter bar ink on the card base.  Then I stamped it on the white card in soft pool.  I added smooch spritz in spun sugar and log cabin. I then used versamark ink and heat embossed the etched flower with stem from hero arts, embossing powder is from Stampendous. Then I cut that image out with a spellbinder die.  I also die cut two pieces from some blue recollections paper, one with a memory box die, the other oval with spellbinders. The oval needed to be darker so I swiped the soft pool ink pad over it. Another die was cut from a light brown piece of recollections card stock. I took a piece of Inland Indigo ribbon from Stampin Up and wove it through the lattice die cut.  The sentiment is also hero arts, and was heat embossed with Stampendous ep. Then I assembled the card laying down the lattice strip first, the the centerpiece. I laid them flat except for the image section. I used 1/16th inch foam to pop it up just a bit. lastly I added the three gem flowers from colorbok. 

Below is the color board I chose, all but the peachy shade is in my card.

Thanks much for stopping by.



 /\  /\
(=';'=)
(")_(")~

2 comments:

Kristi said...

90 minutes? wow, I'm impressed! This turned out very pretty!

MS said...

ooohh, that's a gorgeous color combo! thanks for reminding me (again) :)