Friday, May 17, 2013

Nature Show

I so love my crafting space here in Maryland. I overlook the backyard; and hubs has kindly placed the bird feeders and bird bath in the perfect spots for my window's view. 

Often I see Blue Jays, Morning Doves, Cardinals, Red Bellied Woodpeckers, Red-winged Blackbirds, Squirrels and the neighborhood cats lazing watchfully under the trees. That view is the inspiration for this card.


I am still playing in my Stampin' Up stash. This card features the stamp set Language of Friendship, and the build a bird punch. I used two spellbinder dies, and some black Hug Snug seam binding. Images were stamped with tuxedo black memento ink, colored with Spectrum Noir markers and dotted with black enamel accents. That adorable cherry paper is also from Stampin' Up-Specialty Sweet Shop set. The inking was done with Distress inks in Tumbled Glass and Peeled Paint.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful weekend.

 /\  /\
(=';'=)
(")_(")~

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I love this!! Cardinals are my favorite birds ever! have a great weekend,my friend!

Greta said...

Just love your card! I so enjoy watching my birds--currently the gold finches are the bit attraction. Unfortunately, we don't have cardinals--such a treat whenever I see one on my visits to Indy.