Sunday, May 5, 2013

Day 4 and 5 of His and Hers

http://onlinecardclasses.com/hishers/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/HH_participant.png


I got side tracked this week and did not get to my homework until late Sunday evening.  I wanted to finish my last 4 cards before midnight and get them posted...then I get to start the week fresh.
Day 4, I was captivated by the partial die cut technique we were shown. Cards were to be for Mother's and Father's Day. I have other already made, so I decided just to try the technique.  An I loved my His card, my Her card is not quite right, but I am too tired to figure it out tonight...


 Day 5 was Love Cards/Anniversary Cards.  I enjoy watching the video on double embossing - dry embossing a panel, then covering the raised portions with versamark watermark ink and embossing powder, and lastly heat setting the powder.  This is much much much harder than it looks in the video.  I am happy with both cards, both have a bit of "smear", but I like what resulted.


 Lastly we were given on day one a sheet for figuring what his and hers meant to each of us. Below is my list.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
 /\  /\
(=';'=)
(")_(")~~Cat

3 comments:

MS said...

Gorgeous cards! Well done! You're so good to actually do the homework! *eyerolling self*

Sally said...

Beautiful cards, Cat - love the double embossing and partial die cutting. Both of your love cards are so pretty - the embossing really highlights the dry embossed images. Love the die cut and flower you added to the blue card also!

Kristi said...

Wow! these are all gorgeous! Great work,Cat!