Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Zinnia

I saw this huge stamp on sale and decided to pick it up. I was having a day that I kept picking up dark colors. I have no idea why, but I liked the flower once I had colored it with a Memento Pearlescent ink in Poppy. The ink has a shimmer to it that is more visible than in photographs.  I have to admit having shown the card to hubs, and the first version had a black sentiment.  He suggested it needed lightening up...so I added the sentiment in white and placed it on top of the original. HUGE difference. Thanks Hubs!

Thanks for stopping by.
 /\  /\
(=';'=)
(")_(")~~Cat


Ink: Versafine, Versamark, Memento
Stamp: Stampendous
Marker: Sakura Gelly Roll White, Sakura Stardust Clear
Cardstock: The Paper Company
Embossing: Tsukineko White, Lifestyle Crafts Folder
Fiber: Hug Snug
Card Size: 4 x 6 inches

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Gorgeous! Love that big beautiful flower!

Unknown said...

That's a gorgeous flower, Cat! Love it in the deep poppy color and the sentiment in white keeps the overall look so fresh.

MS said...

Fab-u-lous! Love those colors & that flower is gorgeous! Nice input to the hubs too!