Monday, March 4, 2013

Fabulous...

My next three posts are of cards I completed one afternoon when Hubs said he would be going to the Post Office in about an hour. I had a couple of delinquent thank-yous and an encouragement card that needed to be mailed...and MADE!  I love the cards, and am amazed that I got them designed, put together, photographed, written addressed and in to Hubs' hands in time for mailing.


This card is for my scrappin bud who is currently on foal watch...lots of late nights. I stuck a bunch of can you spot the differences puzzles into the envelope...something for her to do.

The border was created with two rose stamps and two leaves, repeated stamping up the side.  Then the sentiment was added with the butterfly just touching.  All was embossed in white.  Then two distress inks, Tumbled Glass and Antique Linen were added. I love the look. I matted it on some blue patterned paper and adheared to a card base.

Thanks for stopping by.  Come see card #2 tomorrow.
 /\  /\
(=';'=)
(")_(")~~Cat
Ink: Versamark; Distress Inks- Tumbled Glass, Antique Linen
Stamp: Fabulous by Ali Edwards   
Cardstock: Recollections
Patterned Paper: Stampin Up
Embossing: Tsukineko White
Card Size: 5.5 x 4.25 inches


3 comments:

joy said...

Love these colors together, Cat! So soft and pretty.

Sally said...

Beautiful background combined with the white embossing, Cat!

sheza said...

Beautiful card! Love the way the butterfly just barely over laps the "U". Can't wait to see you.