Thursday, January 10, 2013

Houndstooth

I made this card for a challenge, based on colors and embellishment requirements.  THEN I went back to the challenge and the title of it sure did not fit my card.  So I won't be submitting it to the challenge...I'll probably work on something else with blue, white, ribbon, and flowers...

Over the holidays, hubs and I visit his family and from there we drive back to our east coast abode.  It is my only chance to actually step foot inside an ARCHIVER'S, they don't have them in my west or east coast area, so while I don't like being in the vehicle for 8 hours...that shopping perk is definitely worth it. Hubs doesn't grumble about having to get up earlier to make up time for the stop! (He even went to the register for me with an item and coupon so that I could use 2 of the coupons I had - Yea Hubs!)

I love the background stamps, and have been looking at the Hero Arts - Studio Calico Houndstooth for a while.  I picked it up.  

I stamped it on white with distress ink, heat embossed it in clear, then die cut some flower layers. The middle layer I inked up with more of the distress ink to give the flower depth. 

In my stash of embossing folders that I hauled cross country with me, I found...guess what...you betcha...more houndstooth. 

I embossed a panel, put my flower on it, added some died seam binding, and had to stick in a bit of wood veneer(also courtesy of the Archiver's stop).  

I like LOVE the juxtaposition of the manly houndstooth pattern with the girly flower and ribbon elements. 



Thanks for stopping by.
 /\  /\
(=';'=)
(")_(")~~Cat


Ink: Distress Ink-Tumbled Glass
Die: Tim Holtz - Tattered Florals
Stamp: All Hero Arts (CL574, ST514)
Cardstock: Recollections- White, DCWV- Creamy Cardstock
Embossing: Recollections- Clear powder, dry embossing Lifestyle Crafts
Embellishment: Studio Calico - wood veneer die cut pieces
                       Craftwork Cards- Candi (icing sugar died to match)
Fiber: Hug Snug Seam binding (eggshell died to match)
Card Size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches

4 comments:

joy said...

Love that your hubby supports your hobby! The card sounds very "tooth-y" but you didn't upload it! LOL

Lin said...

I can't see a picture here either, Cat.....hope you're not having the same problem I did yesterday on my blog!

Cat Craig said...

Thanks Ladies, I have corrected it. Must have been a bit tired.

MS said...

Yay Hubs!!! Mine does that as well, we feel so sneaky! I love the blues and that fun ribbon! And your cards always remind me to pull out the embossing techniques!