Friday, January 18, 2013

For You

A good friend of mine is changing jobs. We worked together for the same employer and met one another almost 20 years ago. A wonderful friendship developed.  I am sending her this card to wish her well in her new work-life adventure.

I have a bit of a thing for three panel cards, so I again went to that design.  I too loved the embossed vellum butterfly I made a few days ago. Glitter though was not quite right for this card.  I picked out two patterned papers I liked, a light and a dark background. Three panels were cut, plus one strip for the sentiment. I placed them on white card with inked edges to match a common color in the patterned papers. 

I stamped the butterfly twice, once on vellum for heat embossing and once on the dark patterned paper.  I cut the butterfly out from both pieces and layered them.  I like the subtle coloration the patterned paper gives to the vellum.

A ribbon was added to anchor the top of the sentiment strip, letter/number stickers were added.  All was then mounted on to the card base.

 Thanks for stopping by.
 /\  /\
(=';'=)
(")_(")~~Cat


Ink: Versa Mark, Versa-fine - Onyx Black, Distress- Tumbled Glass
Stamp: Hero Arts- H5426
Cardstock: Core D’ Nations Vellum
Patterned Paper: Crate Paper- Farmhouse Collection 6 x 6 pad
Embellishment: Making Memories- Alpha Stickers
Embossing: Recollections Embossing Powders- Sapphire
Fiber: MS Ribbon
Card Size:4.25 x 5.5 inches

4 comments:

Kristi said...

This is so pretty, Cat! Love that butterfly. I'm sure your friend will love it!

Have a great weekend!

MS said...

Ohh, love that butterfly! That's the 2nd time this week I've wanted it because of your gorgeous cards!

Martha said...

Cat, this is just SO sweet! I love the pretty papers and the BEAUTIFUL butterfly. Great job!

sheza said...

Love, love, love the butterfly.