Friday, October 19, 2012

OLW 110 Squares

Hi, today I played along with One Layer Wednesday, the theme is Squares. My square is actually white space inside a rectangle.

I taped off the rectangular area, then placed a punch masking tape square to the left side. I misted granite Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels, Stamped the sentiment with Memento London Fog ink. Then I took my masks away and stamped a small flower.  The flower was colored with Distress Markers in Fired Brick and Barn Door.  I then outlined it with a black Sharpie. Stamps were from the Penny Black set 30-031 Flower Gallery.

I wanted subtle with a color pop...I think I achieved it.

Thanks for stopping and taking a look. 




 /\  /\
(=';'=)
(")_(")~~Cat

2 comments:

Ardyth said...

What a clever idea! I love the rich pop of red on the neutral background! Wonderful OLW card!

Heather T said...

I really like the masked area inside a masked area. I must try this. The delicate effect of the glimmer mist works beautifully too.